Friday, September 11, 2009

I didn't mean to...

... but I ran Monday's intended race last night on my own. Just over 4 miles in 30:59!

Clearly, my 5K PR is way soft. Maybe I'll attempt a new one as a substitute for speedwork over the next few weeks.

In other news, I'm racing this weekend (speaking of speedwork!) -- the Diamondman Sprint Triathlon on Sunday. It's an odd distance: .6 mile swim, 17.5 mile bike, and 2 mile run. This will be the first time my mother and brother have seen me race, assuming they VTFU and get out of bed early enough. :) Mom was a bit unruffled when I told her how early she needs to be there.

More importantly, today is the 8th anniversary of 9/11. Let us never, ever forget the lives lost, the sacrifices made, and the courage shown on that day. Tell your loved ones that you love them today, and say a prayer (if you are so inclined) for the brave men and women who are fighting for our freedom to this day.

God Bless America.

No comments: