Thursday, March 18, 2010

Little darlin'...

Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun
(I say) It's alright


My favorite song ever. Some of my favorite lyrics ever. And very appropriate for all of us in the mid-Atlantic this week.

The sun is shining, and because the trees aren't blooming yet it's beaming straight down onto our smiling, uplifted faces. The temperatures are warmer than normal for this time of year. People are happier, more carefree, more hopeful. Or at least I am.

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes

Dogs are getting longer walks this week. Kids are outside dusting off their bikes and bike helmets, their skateboards and scooters. Neighbors are raking, mulching, mowing, and planning their landcaping. I haven't been, but I bet the Bark Park is packed.

This week also brought us Daylight Savings Time (far earlier than normal). Morning exercisers aren't happy about it, but everyone who relies on the after-school and after-work hours for their leisure time is thrilled with the light/warm combo.

Little darlin', it's been a long, cold, lonely winter

Were truer words ever penned?

The increased daylight and warm temps also are having a very positive impact on my workouts. Now that I can enjoy the outdoors more (and not fear for my life on snow- and ice-packed roads), I am much more excited about getting out there for miles on foot or, hopefully soon, on my bike. My A races also are rapidly approaching. Nothing like a goal race to motivate you!

So yeah. Lots of good stuff this week.

No comments: