Sunday, July 24, 2011

This is not my race report

That will come in the next few days (possibly even tomorrow if I have time).

The big race was today. To say I'm disappointed wouldn't even scratch the surface of what I'm feeling. However, I'm hesitant to write about it because I don't want the obligatory "It was just one day... don't let it get you down" comments.

(Not that I don't appreciate them. I do. I really do. I just don't want my blogger friends to feel obligated to write them.)

The fact is, I haven't had a good race -- a race I'm really proud of -- in years. It might be time to retire.

Then again, I could wake up in a day or two, forget all the pain and suffering, and sign up for something again. Just 'cause I'm stupid like that.

P.S. SO AWESOME to meet Miles99999 (I hope I have the right number of 9s there) this weekend!!!!

4 comments:

Ransick said...

Don't retire, sign up for the next one already. Your rank in the race is totally out of your control. It depends on who shows up.

miles99999 said...

Seriously, check the results for everyone, everyone suffered yesterday (especially during the run). Yesterday was all about survival and nothing else. Great to meet you!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Do you know how many times I have retired because of a race or training? And unretire? Too many times.

You dont really want to retire. After seeing Miles9999 comment, it had to been too hot, that takes a tool on everyone. I suggest, to break your race down, write down what went bad AND what went good, there was good things in that race. Keep your head up

Unknown said...

I have stopped thinking of them as races and started thinking of them as events. Maybe that is something for you to think about?