Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Girl Who Is Finally Reading the Books

OK, I know I'm about 3 years behind the rest of the world, but I am finally reading the The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.

























Holy schmoley are they good!!!! I couldn't put down the first one (I even came into work 20 minutes late one day because I absolutely positively had to find out what was going to happen in the book, so I kept on reading!). Now I'm mostly through the second one, and it's even better!

I am going to be so sad when I finish the third. There are no more... Ever.

But meanwhile... Run, don't walk, to the bookstore or library and get these books if you haven't already read them!

4 comments:

sage said...

Hmm... I tried to read that first one. Couldn't get through the first chapter. I'm probably the only person who finds them unreadable.

:(

Theia said...

Sage! Try again. The first one starts out a bit slow, but once the story gets going (and once you get used to his style), they are really intense and great!

Dave G. said...

Sage, you really should try it again. Through the first 40 pages or so of the first book, I was ready to give up on it. Couldn't understand the hype.

Once all the character introduction was wrapping up, it turned into one of the best crime novels ever. And the titular Girl is an incredibly cool, smart character.

Hope you give them another shot.

Ransick said...

I haven't read these but did just read the Hunger Games on my last trip and enjoyed them.