Monday, April 23, 2012

A good run? I'd forgotten what those were like!

I knew yesterday's run was a little zippier than usual. I could feel it. Maybe it was the cooler temperature. Maybe it was the constant drizzle of rain (good motivation to be done sooner, right?). Maybe it was the slightly shortened route. Maybe it was the awesome bike ride with M on Saturday -- and the more awesome recovery drink AND chocolate milk afterward. (The final hill was so brutal I needed two recoveries!)

Whatever the reason, I felt pretty good out there yesterday morning. I didn't realize until logging my run just now, though, that I actually WAS pretty good out there. My first sub-9 pace on a run longer than one hour in I can't even tell you how long. Good to know I'm still capable of a good run... once in a while!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's nice to have those good runs once in a while. :-)

Mindi said...

Awesome. Love those runs!!

Dave G. said...

Glad your run went so well!!

Julie said...

It must be all the hockey you have been playing -- you have unleashed the beast! :) :)