Ugly run this morning. Ugly, ugly, ugly. It was almost but not quite the type of run that makes you hate running.
I met four of the Fastholes at the Y at 6 a.m. and we set out on our 4-mile loop. Quickly, two of the Fastholes were in front of the rest of us. Just as quickly, the distance between the groups started to increase. About 1.5 miles into the run, I told the two running with me to just leave me... and they did. I got progressively slower and slower for the rest of the run, watching as the two duos got farther and farther away from me. Despite the humidity (which was significant!), my lungs were not labored. I simply had no speed nor energy in my legs. They were just dead. I tried to do 4-5 pickups toward the end of the run, but they were really not that fast (if I'm being honest) and probably did very little to improve my overall pace.
I am hoping that running is like the theater... Bad dress rehearsal equals a great opening night performance. 5 days 'til race day!
3 comments:
You'll have a great race as you got the bad run out of the way!
I hope so!!
I agree with what Alison said!! Good luck!!
Post a Comment