9. Chicago is a beautiful city, and the architecture is just gorgeous. I mean, look at this place!
8. The Chicago River runs right through the middle of town, adding to the natural beauty. We ran out of time for a boat tour, but I'll definitely do one the next time I'm there.
7. The food!! Greek Town, a wonderful steakhouse, and even a breakfast place with an omelette named after Jeff Spicoli. Chicago's reputation as a foodie's city is well deserved.
6. The food, part 2. Because Chicago-style pizza deserves its own place on the list. Oh. My. God! So yummy. Does anyone know if Giordano's delivers to the East Coast??? (It's probably best if it doesn't....)
5. Where else can you shop at fabulous stores, then walk 10 minutes away from them and end up on a beach???
Oh Lake Michigan and Ohio Street Beach, how I miss you already!
4. Running on Lake Shore Drive! I know I shouldn't have... My glutes both hurt, but I got out there for just 34 minutes along the lake and it. was. glorious.
3. Time with family!! I have 7 sets of aunts/uncles and 20 cousins in Chicago, and my wonderful cousin organized a brunch with as many of them as could make it Sunday. I haven't seen them in at least 12 years, and some even longer. It brought tears to my eyes to be able to spend a few hours with all of them and reconnect. I'll spare you the 87,000 pics we took that day and just post a sampling.
2. Time with my wonderful brother and his girlfriend, who didn't mind that I crashed in the hotel with them and ruined any chance they may have had for a romantic weekend. I had a BLAST hanging out with them for 4 days. Thank you, thank you, thank you A and D!
And the #1 reason my trip to Chicago totally rocked was...
1. PEARL JAM AT WRIGLEY FIELD. Need I say more??









4 comments:
Whooo hoooo!!! Awesome weekend! Great list and could not agree more with your top 10...I am ready to do it again! As long as they get more bottled water at Wrigley to avoid that "public problem:" : )
Sounds like an awesome weekend! Love Pearl Jam. Ten and Live On Two Legs have permanent spots in the cd changer in my car. What's your favorite Pearl Jam cd?
How can you not love Ten? It's one of the perfect albums (up there with Led Zeppelin 4 and U2's The Joshua Tree). But I also love Vs. Animal, Elderly Woman, Blood, Rearviewmirror, and GO!!!
I love Chicago....really love running along the lake. I too have a picture of me in front of the "bean" or rather my reflection in the "bean". Glad you had a good time. I hope your glute is feeling better.
Post a Comment