Thursday, June 12, 2008

The start of the 2008 multisport season!

So this Saturday is the big day... my first duathlon of the year! I'm du-ing (ha ha) the Thundergust Duathlon for the second consecutive year. Last year I had a phenomenal race and placed 2nd in my age group (actually 3rd, but the 1st place woman in my age group was also the overall winner, so I got bumped up). For fun, I looked up last year's results.

2 mile run = 14:00 (7:00 pace)
T1 = 1:51
16 mile bike = 46:02 (20.9 mph pace)
T2 = 1:41
5K run = 25:02 (8:05 pace)
OVERALL TIME = 1:28:35

Ummm, yeah. Ain't no freaking way I can match that! And this year I'll have a small cheering section (Heather, Avery, and Lora), so I want to do really well. Aaaaagggghhhh!!!

3 comments:

sauconRunner said...

You will. Avery is good luck.

Jen said...

Hot Damn those were FAST times! Good luck and have FUN!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Can't wait to see how you do. Good luck!