If you've read Heather's blog -- sauconrunner.blogspot.com -- you know that she took a fall last week and is basically out for the Philly Marathon. She's now in the process of trying to switch her registration to the half... so I can run it for her.
The good news:
- I get to try for another half marathon PR in a few weeks. 1:51:30 is looking good...
- I'm still in good enough shape to continue training.
- The weather will eventually be cooler, so my long runs will be more pleasant.
- I'll get to enjoy the festivities I thought I was going to miss... or at least participate in as a spectator only.
The bad news:
- A new 10K PR will likely have to wait until next year.
- I won't get to run the 3:10 pace team in the last 2-3 miles as I was planning to do. (Sorry, Chris... some other time!)
- If I do PR, it won't be in my own name.
- Worst of all, poor Heather won't get to run at all. :(
I promise to do her proud!
4 comments:
You can still bring in the 3:10 pace group. If you get that 1:50 you should be plenty rested by the time they are at there last few miles! :)
Won't my athlinks look crazy, it will say 2:16 for September and 1:50 for November, man my fall training kicked ass!
Woo Hoo! It'll be fun to get to meet you next month!
And Heather will still be there too, yes??
WOOT!
I think it sounds like fun. Plus I won't be there to slow you down;) Go for it and enjoy it!
Post a Comment