
That is my right calf after yesterday's bike ride. What was funny was that I was wearing my awesome tattoo arm warmers, courtesy of SauconRunner. They make my arms look like I have full sleeve tattoos. For the record, I have none. Anyway, toward the end of the ride, my training partner M was behind me (a rarity, believe me! she's so strong) and said, "I like your tattoo!" Thinking she was making a joke about my arm warmers, I asked, "Which one?" She replied, "The one on your leg!" When I saw the chain imprint on my calf, I cracked up.
Seriously, though, how does this happen every time? I end up with grease all over my legs after a ride (not always in the awesome imprint of the bike chain, though... that was a first!). I'm guessing that I lean into my bike, or lean my bike into my leg, when I clip out at red lights or something? I always clip out with my right foot, and this is my right calf... and the chain is on the right.... Maybe I lean into the chain without realizing it?
Oh well, at least I know my chain is well lubricated! :)
4 comments:
Maybe you should make it a perm fixture for your leg....make it a real tattoo!
I get this everytime I ride too. I don't know why. I kidded people all last summer that I was going to get an actual tatoo of the bike chain because I always had it anyway.
I agree with Triathlon Benchwarmer. That would make an awesome real tattoo.
I'm not a biker - but I think that happens to my wife everytime she rides too ... oops, she already said that (Michael). Good luck, I dunno???
Post a Comment