Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I got my ass handed to me last night

At yoga, of all places!

I should explain that I am a sweater. I don't glow. I don't glisten. I don't get moist when I exert myself. I sweat. Like a dude, quite frankly.

So anyway, last night I met a friend, G, for vinyasa yoga and sushi. Oh, what a glorious combination! The owner of the studio is a good friend of mine. We met nearly 20 years ago when she used to take my classes at the Y! I swear she exacts her revenge on me whenever I come to her class.

G and I decided we'd go to dinner as is after class, so I brought a thin cotton 3/4 sleeve shirt and a long black lightweight cardigan to throw over my yoga clothes and make myself presentable.

But then I sweat more than any human being should ever sweat in a yoga class. It was warm in the studio, but it wasn't a Hot Yoga class. Nevertheless, I was literally dripping sweat about 10 minutes into class, and it only got worse from there. My mat was covered with little droplets. At one point, in side angle pose, the sweat was dripping into my ear and pooling there. It was dripping into my eyes, making them sting.

The sweating was so bad that my hands and feet were slipping on my mat. So bad that I had to spray and wipe my mat twice after class to disinfect it.

So bad that I had to buy a new top to wear to dinner because my cute black yoga top was so drenched that it would make my cotton top and sweater soaked through within minutes. Yes, I had to buy new clothes because mine were so sweaty. That's a brutal class, ladies and gentlemen.

I loved it. :)

5 comments:

Ed said...

I hear ya about the sweat...well being as I am a dude and we are suppose to sweat like that I would guess..Not even considering the hot yoga! LOL....

Sounds like a good combo yoga and then sushi--i should try it sometime..

Mindi said...

Haha - I am a big sweater too.

Yoga + new clothes sounds like a great combination to me. :)

Ransick said...

Good idea buying a new top so you didn't miss out on sushi!

I'm a heavy sweater too. I lost over 5 pounds on my last 9 mile run

Unknown said...

I'm a sweater too. And on top of that, I'm terrible at yoga!

miles99999 said...

NICE! Yoga is so friggin' tough. I did a class this morning and I am totally wiped out from it...and I was sweating like mad.