THE GOOD
My speedwork went well last night. I really enjoy my track workouts. I know it sounds sick, but it's true.
Because I'm doing a 5K Saturday morning, I did short intervals last night. 6x400 and 4x100.
The 400s were:
1:32 (too fast!)
1:36
1:35
1:36
1:38
1:37
The 100s were by feel only, since the track was unmarked. I just ran the straights and walked the curves:
:17
:17
:17
:17
Damn, I'm good. :)
THE BAD
On the way home, I became VIOLENTLY ill. I mean, I almost had to stop at a neighbor's house because I didn't think I'd make it to my own. (The neighbor's house was about 6-7 doors down from my house! That's how quickly it came on and how awful I felt.)
I was sick as a dog for the rest of the night. I managed to eat 2 pieces of toast for dinner at about 9:30 - the first time I thought I could handle putting anything in my mouth - and I went to bed shortly after that.
I'm very weak today and pretty much completely dehydrated. Hopefully, someone can sub my classes at the Y tonight. I don't think 2 hours of aerobics - boot camp and advanced step - is in my best interest tonight...
4 comments:
Yikes! That's scary! My GI definitely acts up when I run faster but geeze! I hope you feel better as the day goes by.
Nice job on those intervals though!
Take care of yourself! And definitely cancel those classes today/find subs.
Are you feeling any better?
You ok now? I know about that kind of stuff. When running earlier this year, anything over 5 miles was giving me serious runners trots and painful stomach cramping. Hope this was just a temporary bug or something and goes away quickly.
Post a Comment