zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Oh, I'm sorry. I fell asleep for a second. I'm exhausted!
Yesterday I had to cut my long run short a bit because I felt truly dreadful. I ended up doing 9.1 miles instead of 12ish, which means I have to do 12-13 next weekend and then taper for two weeks.
This morning I did a small 5K that a friend of mine put together. I wasn't confident about doing well because I had run yesterday afternoon, but I figured I'd do my best and see what happened.
Here's what happened:
7:34
7:45
7:35
:49
23:44, a 15 second PR!!! Even better, Jimmy W. told me the course was long by .03 because of where the police made him put the finish line, so he suggested that my actual 5K time was about 11 seconds faster. Swwweeeeeet!
As soon as the race ended, I walked to where Andrew was volunteering (at the 2-mile marker) to give him the good news, then jogged back to the finish to grab some goodies and rush over to the Y, where I taught a 90-minute spinning class.
Which brings me back to my original statement. I'm exhausted! :)
3 comments:
Conga-rats on the PR!! Now go get some sleep while a tailor sews your legs back on. :)
Way to go! Nice race! Rest up and your legs will snap back in no time.
You are insane! Congrats on the PR!
Post a Comment