Thursday, November 20, 2008

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

That's what I said upon entering the Y last night and seeing about a dozen red Christmas balls hung with white ribbons from the ceiling, a large Christmas tree in the lobby, and a small tabletop tree decorated with lights and ribbons on the desk behind the counter.

The membership staff looked at me with blank expressions on their faces, so I explained, "It's not even Thanksgiving!"

It's bad enough that several stores have had Christmas candy and decorations on display since before Halloween. At least I can avoid those stores except for emergency situations. But the Y? The lobby I enter at least 4-5 times a week to teach classes or just work out on my own? I have to look at that from NOW? It's too early! Let me get through one holiday before you shove the next one in my face.

You've got to be kidding me.

No comments: