(I'm not sure what that title means, but it's what Kris and Maria called it so I'm going with it.) :)
If you want to play along, copy the questions onto your blog, post the answers, and leave a comment here so I know to go read yours.
Wrapping paper or gift bags? I mix it up so there's lots of variety and visual interest under the tree.
Real tree or artificial? Real. Always.
When do you put up the tree? The day of my annual cookie exchange. :)
When do you take the tree down? January 6 so that I keep it up until the Epiphany.
Do you like eggnog? Mmmmmmmm, eggnog...
Favorite gift received as a child? A red 10-speed bike when I was 10 years old.
Hardest person to buy for? My dad.
Easiest person to buy for? Anthony.
Do you have a nativity scene? I have the barn but not the figurines to put in it.
Mail or email Christmas cards? Real mail.
Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I have no idea!
Favorite Christmas Movie? It's A Wonderful Life. I cry every stinking time.
When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually early December, although I'll buy something at any point of the year if it's a perfect gift for someone.
Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Like regifting? No.
Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Um, everything? Is that a valid answer?
Lights on the tree? White non-blinking lights only.
Favorite Christmas song? See the post below... That song is followed closely by Linus and Lucy, which I'm listening to right now. :) Trust me; the Charlie Brown Christmas CD is the only one you need.
Travel at Christmas or stay home? Luckily, my family and IronHubby's family are both local. Unluckily, that means we never have an excuse to miss a get-together. :) We end up eating like 3 hugemongous meals at every holiday. Oink.
Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Let's see. Donner, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, ???, Blitzen, Rudolph. Shoot! Who's missing??
Angel on the tree top or a star? An old-fashioned Santa.
Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Since we visit three homes, we end up having three present exchanges too, one of which is always Chrstmas Eve. But the real orgy of presents is always at my mom's house on Christmas morning, followed by her annual Christmas brunch.
Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The lack of self-restraint some people have, as evidenced by the trampling to death of a Walmart employee on Black Friday. WTF is wrong with people???
Favorite ornament theme or color? My tree has several themes, including the Nutcracker (which I performed in three times as a child), angels, gold ribbons, and of course the requisite two Ironman ornaments. :)
Favorite for Christmas dinner? I'm not picky. I love it all!
What do you want for Christmas this year? What I want isn't for sale.
3 comments:
Hey GG,
I posted it on my blog.
Leslie
I did it too, which is unusual for me :)
http://cactustri.blogspot.com/2008/12/holiday-meme.html
I have wondered about the definition of meme since my friends started using it. Your comment at the top of your post prompted me to look up a definition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_meme
Post a Comment