1. My fertility doctor turned out to be someone I know from the Y. See The Long Slow Road blog for the full story. :)
2. This morning I didn't get out the front door quickly enough, so the storm door hit the back of my leg. No big deal, right? Except for the fact that the corner of the door caught in my pants and created a small pull in the fabric. No big deal, right? Except for the fact that I'm wearing the most expensive pants I own. No lie, these babies cost me more than $200 (purchased obviously when I made a lot more money than I make now).
3. I had to go to court this morning to serve as a witness in a harassment case. (I saw a guy late one night who was harassing my neighbor, so I was called as a state witness.) At the courthouse, you have to pay on foot before you go out to your car, and then you insert the paid ticket at the gate to get out. I tried to pay with my debit card, but the machine wasn't reading it so I had to put $7 in cash in the machine. Since I'd paid cash, I didn't request a receipt. I walked to my car, put the ticket down on top of my cell phone, and then picked up the cell phone to turn it on. As I picked up my phone, the paid parking ticket slipped into the tiny crack next to my emergency brake and fell under the center console!! So the ticket was under the emergency brake, cup holder, and storage area... deep in my car where it could not possibly be retrieved! The attendant gave me a VERY hard time about letting me out. I asked to talk to his manager, so he made a phone call and then told me to pull around so he could open the gate for me. I said, "Dude, seriously, I could not possibly make up a story like that."
4. On Tuesday I showed up at the rehab facility for a care conference about my father's progress. There were no parking spots available, so I had to sit in the car for several minutes and wait for someone to leave. When I finally went inside, the receptionist gave me a pointed look to show her displeasure in my tardiness (I was 3 minutes late). I was shown into the conference room, and someone went to get my dad. A few minutes later, the social worker came into the conference and said, "Umm, Theia? Your dad's meeting is NEXT Tuesday."
Calgon, take me away!
3 comments:
Time for another massage! Or maybe just a long, hot bath (with bubbles, of course)
Boy do you deserve a nice long bubble bath. Take one!
Quit your whining!
E! A! G! L! E! S! EAGLES!!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment