Yesterday, in what can only be termed a freak accident, a friend's daughter elbowed me square in the nose. Direct hit.
I was sitting on the steps when it happened, writing a check for the Girl Scout cookies they were dropping off. She saw one of the cats on the stairs behind me and tried to squeeze past me to pet her. As she went by, somehow her elbow struck out to the side, hitting me right where it would hurt the most.
The tears were instant and uncontrollable. I sat there weeping for at least 5-6 minutes. I felt badly for reacting so emotionally, but the pain was beyond belief. I iced and iced and iced, but this morning I'm very swollen... so much so that I cancelled my boot camp class because I wasn't sure running was a great idea.
So it's back to the doctor I go (hopefully). And back to the drug store to stock up on Advil, since I took my last three at 5:30 this morning.
:(
6 comments:
Ouch! Take care of yourself!
The doctor's office just called. He doesn't feel the need to see me unless I feel that my nose is out of place. It hurts to touch, so I can't really do anything but eyeball it... It's swollen, but I don't think it's crooked or anything. I'll keep checking, though.
I guess it's good news that he's so unconcerned. :)
OUCH! Take care of yourself.
How's it feel today?
owie!!!!! hope it feels better soon.. let me know if you want me to call in something uhm, stronger for you :)
missy
It still hurts a bit. It's sort of a dull ache. I'm going to call the doctor again tomorrow and insist that he see me, even if it's a total waste of time. It'll be good for my peace of mind, at least. And it's all about me, after all. :) :) :)
Post a Comment