Monday, February 9, 2009

So many people to thank

This is most likely my last day at home. I'll work part of the day tomorrow and return to a regular work schedule on Wednesday.

Since I'm home being reflective, I want to thank several people for really stepping up the past week.

- IronHubby, for taking most of Tuesday off and waking up at an ungodly early hour to take me to the hospital

- Mom, for rushing over after work Tuesday to sit with me, taking off from work Wednesday, and visiting twice more over the week with homemade soup and stew, soft foods (pudding! jello!), and her upbeat spirit

- My brother, for calling every. single. day, several times a day, to check on me

- Larry, Heather, Maria, Lori, and Lora for sending a beautiful and healthy edible bouquet of fruit

- Andrea, for making a quiche and stopping by for a nice visit

- Laura, for offering to bring me a black & white milkshake (I should have taken her up on it!)

- Karen, for showing up with soup and Girl Scout cookies

- Jackie, for washing my hair twice for me since I still cannot get my face wet

- Dad, for offering to come over and make my favorite Greek soup for me

And many thanks to everyone else who called, texted, emailed, commented here, and facebooked me over the past week. It's so true that you find out who your real friends are in a time of crisis or need. Your friendship means the world to me!!

5 comments:

anthony said...

You forgot to thank Bono :)

Meredith murphy said...

Glad you are recovering well. Hope going back to work was ok.

Theia said...

I'd like to thank Bono... for being Bono! [bowing]

anthony said...

Are you saying "we're not worthy we're not worthy" as you bow???

Theia said...

"We suck!" :D