Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Year in review ~ Year in preview

Another year has come and gone. How is it possible that the years go by so much more quickly nowadays? It seems like just yesterday that I was setting goals and looking forward to 2010... and now it's gone.

It's silly to say that 2010 brought a lot of changes, because what year doesn't? But there were some big ones for me last year, chief among them a new job and a new roommate. :) I started my job on February 1, 2010, and have loved pretty much every minute of it since then. I went from a job I liked and truly believed in to a job that's really a perfect fit. Best of all, I still get to volunteer at the old job.

The new roommate... Well, all I will say about that (again!) is I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Last year at Christmas my mother wrote in my card, "Life is a series of doors. When one closes, another one always opens. You may finally be standing in front of the right door." There was more (very mushy, Mom of the Year stuff), but how true those words are. I finally am standing in front of the right door, and I'm holding it as wide open as I can. Thank you, D, for giving up everything to be with me. I can never, ever express how thankful I am.

And now onto 2011. This is the time of year when we typically set goals, make resolutions, vow to change/lose weight/get healthy/be a nicer person/etc. I rarely make resolutions because I try to behave a certain way all year round. Resolutions seem to involve changing something and imply a negative.

Goals are another story, however, so here are some of mine.

LIFE GOALS
Stay healthy. Stay happy.
Be a good person.
Give more to charities.
Funnel more money into the beach house fund.
Appreciate all of my many blessings.

I think I do a pretty good job at all of those (except saving enough money!), but there's always room for improvement.

ATHLETIC GOALS
Break 3 hours in an Olympic distance triathlon.
Break 1:50 in a half marathon.
Break 50 minutes in a 10K.
Stay healthy. Stay happy.

1 comment:

anthony said...

Sounds like some good goals.....especially ths saving for a beach house :)

Happy New Year!