Hello hello. I am a Flyers fanatic, a runner, a triathlete, an animal lover, a workout maniac, a stickler for proper grammar, and a lover of challenging Sudoku and crossword puzzles, good books, and great tunes. This blog is about most of those topics -- running, racing, the Flyers, my critters, class ideas, and my deep (and not so deep) thoughts. Please leave comments! I love reading them.
Friday, June 10, 2011
This is my foot
With an ice bag on it.
On my desk. At work.
Because it's throbbing so badly that I finally decided to look at it, and when I did I saw that it's not only throbbing and painful but also swollen.
Why is it throbbing and swollen? Because this morning I turned quickly to reach for something and slammed my foot into the bike trainer, which was folded neatly and waiting to be taken down to the basement. I saw stars immediately but kept walking on it (I had memories of my coach yelling "Walk it off!" from my many volleyball injuries floating in my head). I figured I was fine if I could walk.
But hours later, the pain has not subsided.
I am not pleased.
MONDAY MORNING UPDATE:
My foot is still swollen, but the pain is all but gone. However... on Saturday the screen door slammed into my heel as I tried to get my bike in the house. Yes, the same foot. Sheesh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Ouch, I hope its just a bruise and your ok tomorrow.
Yes, those pictures of the mud were from the Ohio Warrior Dash page, crazy fun
oh no!!! uggh!
Ugh...I ended up doing something similar to my arm when I fell during my recovery.
Mine turned out to be simply a deep bruise - hopefully yours is something similar. Healing vibes to you!
Ouch! Hope it heals up quick!
Post a Comment