Friday, February 10, 2012

Top Five Signs You Are Losing It

5. You walk into a room and immediately forget why you went there. Bonus points if you have to go up or down stairs to do this. Extra bonus points if you do it at work in plain view of all your coworkers while mumbling under your breath and looking completely befuddled.

4. You call people by the wrong name. Regularly. Even when they're wearing a name tag.

3. You call yourself by the wrong name. (Seriously. A coworker did this a few weeks ago. She is named Kim, and the person I was calling is also named Kim. Kim 1 picked up Kim 2's line and said, "XYZ Department, this is Kim 2. I mean Kim 1!")

2. You talk to yourself. And then you answer yourself. And have a little conversation, sort of.

1. You take a shower and forget to actually wash yourself. This morning I got in the shower, washed my hair, washed my face, applied conditioner, shaved my legs, and got out. About 20 minutes later, when I was already half ready for work, I realized I never used soap on any part of my body other than my face. What the what????

6 comments:

nerozzi said...

I am guilty of 5, 2, and 1. I regularly carry on conversations with myself. Others standing around say "What?" as if they didn't hear a question I asked. I have to respond with "Sorry. Just talking to myself again." You can just imagine the looks I get in response.
As for 1, I usually realize right before or after I get out of the shower (thankfully). I have gone to work without: (1) brushing my teeth, or (2) wearing deodorant.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

So how many of these do I have to do before I get concerned for myself?

Unknown said...

uh oh. apparently i'm in trouble!

Ransick said...

I'm guilty of 5 and 1. I do 5 routinely including up/down stairs.

Laura said...

....this is my daily life...I think I am in trouble...

Julie said...

I am so guilty of walking up and down the stairs trying to remember things...lol. And talking to myself. Especially when I am busy and I have a lot to organize/take care of. Heh-heh-heh!