Wednesday, May 28, 2008

100 Things About Me

Thanks to Cindi for this idea!

1. I am 100% Greek.
2. I am 100% goddess. :)
3. I teach step aerobics.
4. And boot camp.
5. And lots of other classes.
6. I work in non-profit.
7. I wish I made more money.
8. Some days I really love running.
9. Sunday was one of those days.
10. I have a husband.
11. His name is Andrew.
12. He has lots of nicknames.
13. We have 5 pets.
14. Only one is male.
15. Only one is a dog.
16. The dog is not the male pet.
17. If I could, I'd adopt 10 more pets.
18. Or more.
19. I am a personal trainer.
20. I wish I could quit my job and just do fitness fulltime.
21. This is difficult.
22. And I'm only on #22.
23. Sometimes I think I'm much younger than my 41 years.
24. I certainly don't act my age.
25. I am tall.
26. I am thin.
27. I am muscular.
28. I like being tall, thin, and muscular.
29. In high school I was the least athletic person you'd ever met.
30. I wish my old coaches could see me now.
31. Lots of people call me a girlie girl.
32. I think I'm equal parts girlie and tomboyish.
33. Is that weird?
34. I'm good at keeping secrets.
35. I teach college English.
36. I'm worried that I haven't received my class assignment for the fall yet.
37. I'm a terrible procrastinator.
38. I miss my old coworkers.
39. I don't miss the stress of my old job.
40. Or the commute.
41. Or the negativity.
42. I love to read.
43. My favorite book is The Little Engine That Could.
44. I used to read it before every volleyball game in college.
45. I have lots of wonderful friends.
46. My closest friends are my husband, mother, and brother.
47. I am so lucky!
48. I am proud to be a runner.
49. I miss Iron Mike.
50. And Calvin. Oh boy, do I miss Calvin.
51. I have brown hair.
52. It's going gray.
53. I'm fighting it.
54. I will win.
55. I like wearing black.
56. The copy guy is here to fix our color copier.
57. I need to use said copier before the end of the day.
58. I have no artistic ability whatsoever.
59. I am a decent writer, though.
60. Maybe this could be called 60 Things About Me????
61. I am constantly hungry.
62. I think I have a tapeworm.
63. I am doing my first Olympic triathlon in August.
64. I am seriously terrified.
65. I am not 100% convinced I can do it!
66. I was born in 1966.
67. In October.
68. 2 days late on the 22nd.
69. At 2:22 p.m.
70. Isn't that ironic?
71. I hate that ironic song. Nothing in the song is actually ironic.
72. Makes me nuts.
73. It's weird to talk about myself so much.
74. I don't think I like it.
75. Theia means goddess in Greek.
76. It's not pronounced the way you think it is.
77. I'm not looking forward to marathon training.
78. Or the actual race in November.
79. I'm starting to remember how much I hated running when I trained for my first marathon.
80. Oh well, too late now. I've already told everyone I'm doing one.
81. I love the Philadelphia Flyers.
82. I've loved them since I was about 7 years old.
83. I love all hockey, actually.
84. I also am fanatical about U2.
85. Bono, in particular.
86. If I could meet one person, it would be him.
87. I almost did meet him in 2005.
88. I don't like to talk about that day.
89. My brother met him.
90. I was insanely jealous.
91. But happy for my brother.
92. I am eating a Rice Krispies treat. Yum!
93. As you can see, I'm not fanatical about nutrition. :)
94. That's why I have to exercise 6 days a week.
95. I like doing sudoku puzzles.
96. And crossword puzzles.
97. Hopefully they'll keep my brain working for a long time.
98. I wish I had another Rice Krispies treat.
99. Or a Theia brownie.
100. My hands are tired of typing. :)

7 comments:

Jen said...

You're so funny Alexis! I'm psyched you're doing Philly in November! The day will be more fabulous with you! Maybe I'll see you for the first 1/2. Good luck with the training. Oh, and I do love rice krispie treats--dipped in chocolate!

Theia said...

Yahoo! Maybe we can run the first half together (unless you're way too speedy by then... which will likely be the case!). :)

sauconRunner said...

I love you, girlie! Most of that stuff I knew about you (and lots of it made me giggle)!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

If you are a terrible procrastinator, does that mean that you don't procrastinate? ;-)

And how is Theia pronounced??? I've been saying it Thee-a (short a) in my mind.

I loved making my 100 things list. DH made one. Then DD made one (she is 10). Learned things about both of them that I didn't know. Very fun. I'm gonna make Another 100 Things About Me list soon, so stay tuned!

Maria said...

You CAN do the Olympic TRI and you WILL rock it!

Joe said...

Theia brownie? Sounds yummy to me :)

Awesome that you're doing Philly...I'll be rooting for you all the way!

librarianchick said...

I don't know if you can say "least athletic person" and "old coaches" in the same post!

Great post!