I'm having sort of a midlife crisis and have been for a while. I'm just not as jazzed about work as I used to be. (I know, how lucky was I that I absolutely loved my job for so long??) I thought switching from government to non-profit would help, but honestly it didn't. I actually miss the hectic pace and constant crisis mode of government.
Anyway, someone asked me what I would do if money didn't matter, and the answer was simple -- something in the fitness industry. The most logical thing would be to combine my love for health and fitness with my writing skills. Way back in March, I contacted someone at a regional magazine to inquire about freelancing for their health and fitness special issues, which come out 2-3 times per year. Unfortunately, when I contacted them I had just missed the deadline for their fall issue.
However! (Drum roll, please!) Last week I received an assignment for their spring issue! And not just any assignment... I will be writing five -- yes, five! -- articles for their special yoga supplement. I am so excited!
I also submitted an article to a Philadelphia magazine that I've contributed to in the past, and that article might run in their January/February issue.
If only I could make a living at this. I'd be the happiest girl in the world.
9 comments:
Sweeeeet!!! Sounds like you need to write a book, yeah that's the ticket. And then conduct a joint book tour / group exercise classes across the country!
AWESOME! That is great news. I have been in a rut for the past several years in the tech industry, but there is nothing else that will pay the bills, so I tread water and keep playing with my camera and try to keep improving my photography. The picture I donated to the church fundraiser was sold so I am happy about that.
That's great news!
Just fantastic news! I know how exciting it is to write about something you love! Hurray!
Awesome, congrats! can't wait to see the articles :)
Excellent. I really hope that works out. I am always truly amazed when someone says they love what they do (for work). I just don't get it.
That is so exciting! Seriously, I think you should do what Maria said...write a book, travel to fitness conferences and do workshops/classes!
Fantastic!! Go go go, fit goddess!
How exciting! Good for you!
Post a Comment