Thursday, May 26, 2011

How did it get to be the end of May already??

Time really does fly, doesn't it? I guess I must be having fun. :)

This weekend marks the unofficial start of summer and all it signifies -- longer days, tan lines, barbecues, vacations, flip flops, corn on the cob, green grass and summer flowers, triathlons, and that general relaxed attitude most people seem to adopt in the hotter months. I for one love summer. Even when it's 90 degrees with 90% humidity and my hair is frizzing all over the place, I am happiest when the sun is out, the days are long, and my skin is bronzed and beautiful.

On a personal note, this weekend also marks the start of my racing season. Sunday is my half marathon, and my first sprint tri is only 3 weeks after that!

I totally <3 summer.

3 comments:

Jess B said...

ME TOO! LOVE IT!

Ransick said...

Love summer too. Grilled corn on the cobb, yum!.

Good luck on your half mary this weekend!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I LOVE SUMMER TOO!!

I had corn on the cob this week

I am racing in a tri this weekend

GOOD LUCK AT YOUR HALF MARY, enjoy the reward for all your hard work