Wednesday, June 20, 2012

If you want to kick your own ass, do this workout

Oof, I'm still feeling this from Monday morning!

Tabata Interval Workout
Do 20 seconds on/10 seconds recovery x 8 for four minutes of each exercise. (So do 8 sets of heels (20 on/10 off), then 8 sets of lunges, then 8 sets of dips, etc.) Do each complete round before taking any kind of significant break for water, etc.

Round 1:
quick heels or toe taps on a step
alternating lunges onto a step
dips
Russian twist holding a medicine ball

Round 2:
burpees
squats w/ body bar over shoulders
pushups
full roll-ups holding body bar overhead with arms extended

Round 3:
jump lunges
curtsey lunges
bicep curls w/ body bar
plank

Yeeeouch! The jump lunge + curtsey lunge combo is what did me in, I think. My legs are trashed! In a good way, of course. I love that feeling of "Oh yeah, I kicked ass in that workout." Pain is sort of a weird badge of honor.

I do feel badly for the three new people who decided to take their first boot camp class that morning. They must be cursing me!

3 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Ouch is right

Theia said...

Haha, at least I didn't hurt my glute any further. Can you believe all that stuff doesn't bother my injury at all? The only thing I couldn't do was the quick heels. I had to do them in mid-air without tapping the step because the impact of touching the step even lightly was too painful.

Ransick said...

It is amazing how hard that stuff is to do more than just a few of then in a row. Sometimes in fitness class the instructor tells us to do as many burpees as we can in 10 minutes. After about 30 seconds I have to rest!